Wednesday, March 2, 2016

I have elected my President


I was driving my kids to home from their montessori school and was having a chat with them about their day at school.


We got talking and I asked my 6-year old about what she wants to be when she grows up. Her regular answer is a teacher, and she has stuck to her career option for as long as I can remember. However, since President's Day was around the corner, the school was teaching kids all about it. So, she said she wants to be the President of the World. Hoping to receive an interesting reply, I asked her why does she want to be one.


She said "I want to be the President of the World, so that when I die, I can be remembered about all the good deeds I did, and the children will be taught about me in their school."
I was surprised and proud at the same time. I flashed a quick smile of pride to my daughter through the rear mirror, and she smiled back with confidence.


With so much going on in this world, and the so called leaders fighting to attain higher positions in life for their own selfish motives, and not thinking about their people, I hear a honest and innocent reply from a 6-year old.


With elections currently going on in the United States to choose the best President for the country, I can proudly say that I have elected my President...of the World!

No comments: